In League of Legends: Wild Rift, Kassadin is a Mage with high burst damage, mobility, and silencing capabilities. Players who enjoy warping around the map, or one-shotting their opponents may have found the perfect pick for themselves. However, unlike most burst Mages, Kassadin doesn’t start to shine until the Mid to Late Game.
Kassadin’s Early Game power is one of the weakest in the Mid Lane, making him susceptible to being punished by ganks or just being denied exp and gold in the lane. Knowing what items to build, and reading the tips and tricks for Kassadin will help League of Legends: Wild Rift players get on the right track to mastering this Champion.
Kassadin’s Passive Ability makes him take less Magic Damage, and allows him to walk through minions. The Magic Damage reduction helps a lot with surviving the weak Early Game he has. It also ensures that Magic Damage-based champions will never be able to duel him in the later stages of the game. Being able to walk through Minions makes escaping from and chasing enemies much easier, especially before Kassadin’s his Ultimate Ability.
Kassadin’s Q Ability deals Magic Damage, silencing the enemy, and provides Kassadin with a shield that absorbs Magic Damage. This skill is his main form of harassing the enemy throughout the laning phase and helps with his survivability. It can also be used to farm hard-to-reach minions when being zoned.
Kassadin’s W Ability has Passive and Active effects. The Passive adds Magic On-hit damage to Kassadin’s auto attacks. This makes last-hitting minions a lot easier, and also helps with extended trades with the enemy. The Active effect deals Magic Damage and restores some of Kassadin’s Mana. With Kassadin having some of the highest Mana costs in the game, this skill helps him manage his Mana a lot easier.
Kassadin’s E Ability deals Magic damage in a fan shape while slowing enemies that were hit by it. This skill helps Kassadin stick to his targets and is his best form of wave clear, aside from his Ultimate Ability. It can play a crucial role in team fights as well if landed on key targets.
Kassadin’s Ultimate Ability is what makes him such a unique champion. It allows him to teleport in any direction, dealing AoE (Area of Effect) Magic Damage. However, the ability can be recast within a couple of seconds, with higher mana costs, and it deals more damage. This allows him to traverse the map faster than most champions. Once Kassadin has his eyes set on a target, they are usually forced to fight him to the death because there’s no escaping an enemy with that much mobility without help.
Kassadin’s Best Build
- Rod of Ages provides Kassadin with AP (Ability Power), which is Kassadin’s priority stat, along with Mana and HP. It also continuously provides more AP, HP, and Mana as time passes, which is perfect for a scaling Champion such as Kassadin.
- Mercury Treads – Stasis Enchant gives Kassadin Magic Defense, increased Movement Speed, and increased Tenacity. CC (Crowd Control) is Kassadin’s main weakness, so having the extra Tenacity helps a lot to make it hard for him to be locked down easily. Stasis Enchant gives Kassadin even more outplay potential by being able to go invulnerable.
- Archangel’s Staff gives Kassadin more AP and Mana, as well as a protective shield if his HP drops below a certain threshold. It also makes the user deal more damage based on total Mana, so it has great synergy with Rod of Ages.
- Rabadon’s Deathcap is the strongest AP item in the game. It provides a large amount of AP and increasing the player’s AP even further by increasing it by a large percentage of the player’s total AP.
- Lichbane gives AP and Ability Haste, but the main reason for Kassadin using this item is for the Passive Effect. It increases the damage of auto attacks that are done after casting an ability. Since Kassadin is always casting abilities with not much downtime in between, this item synergizes extremely well with him.
- Void Staff provides Kassadin with AP and Ability Penetration, which helps Kassadin shred through Tanks Magic Defense with ease. With this item built, Kassadin in the Late Game has the potential to duel just about any Champion in the game.
- Electrocute Keystone is a great Keystone for Kassadin since it helps with burst damage, by dealing a chunk of damage after hitting the enemy three times in short succession. Kassadin can proc this every time it is off cooldown with his Ultimate Ability.
- Triumph Rune helps Kassadin finish off targets, easier since he will do increased damage against targets with under 35% HP. It also heals him whenever he picks up a kill or assists.
- Hunter: Titan Rune increases tenacity and HP with every unique Champion kill, which also helps with dealing with CC.
- Hunter: Genius Rune increases Ability Haste with every unique Champion kill. This shortens Kassadin’s cooldowns even further, and works well with Hunter: Titan Rune since they both become more useful the more kills that are obtained.
Kassadin’s Tips & Tricks
Kassadin’s W Ability can be animation canceled, so if players auto attack, then cast W at the perfect frame afterward, they can increase DPS (Damage Per Second) by shaving off time from the auto attack animation.
Kassadin’s Ultimate should be used once or twice on the way to lane once he picks up Tear of the Goddess. It will help him stack it faster, allowing him to reach his power spike quicker than normal. He can also use his Ultimate to bypass all forms of terrain, allowing him to get vision of dangerous neutral objectives by himself. It can also get him out of sticky situations against immobile champions or mobile champions that are on cooldown.
League of Legends: Wild Rift is available on iOS and Android devices.
MORE: League of Legends Wild Rift: How to Beat Jinx