Saturday, October 1, 2022
spot_img

Latest Posts

Simon Pegg Offers Honest Update About The Star Trek Franchise

While the Star Trek franchise has been thriving on television lately with multiple shows, the same can’t be said about the films. Fans have been waiting for concrete details on the follow-up to 2016’s Star Trek Beyond. It was announced last year that a new Star Trek movie is dated for 2023, but nothing major has been revealed since then. It appears even the franchise stars haven’t heard much about a sequel, and Simon Pegg recently got very honest about what’s currently happening with the sci-fi film series.

The Mission: Impossible 7 star gave Collider a mini update on what’s happening with Star Trek 4. Unfortunately, Simon Pegg is just as in the dark about the sci-fi film series’ status as viewers are. The studio appears to be keeping producer J.J. Abrams and writer Matt Shakman in the dark as well. Pegg opened about how current circumstances like COVID have continued to hinder the franchise’s future, saying:  

I don’t know much. I’ve met Matt briefly and seems like a great guy. I love the work he did on WandaVision. It’s always waiting with these things, because the world is an uncertain place. COVID’s thrown everything into a spin. There’s so many factors that have to align in order for these things to happen. I’m just quietly waiting for news basically. And I texted J.J. the other day and said, ‘Tell me what’s happening.’ He’s just like, ‘We’re waiting for news.’ I’d love to see more adventures in the Kelvin universe. Obviously, any chance I get to work with those actors is… I’ll leap at it, albeit it’s going to be a little sad this time, but stay tuned.

Latest Posts

spot_imgspot_img

Don't Miss

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.